-Chicken breasts(I tried to get organic, but they were out-free range and cruelty free it is)
-Organic White Onion
-Whole Foods Non-GMO General Tso’s Sauce
-Organic Garlic (2 cloves)
-Toasted Sesame Seed Oil (Trader Joes)
1. Trim fat off chicken breasts. Then cube meat. Place in a Ziploc bag or container to marinate in. Pour some of the sauce into bag/container and let sit while preparing rest of meal.
2. Put a pot of water, 2 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Then cover and take off heat(to allow water to be absorbed into quinoa)
3. Cut up broccoli and onion to your liking.
4. Steam broccoli.
5. While broccoli is steaming, grab a large frying pan and pour a little sesame seed oil. Then, add chicken. Cook chicken until done and sauce on the chicken begins to “crisp”. Once that happens remove from pan and place on a dish.
6. Wipe out large frying pan, add some sesame seed oil. Once oil is hot sauté a clove of garlic. Add steamed broccoli and General Tso sauce. Add onions and Continue to sauté until onions are a golden brown. Add chicken back to warm up.
7. Scoop out quinoa onto/into desired bowl or dish. Place chicken and veggie mix on top. Can add extra sauce if you desire.